Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Disgust with my family

My own family disgusts me. The way we treated peasants saddens me. I had to change my name or else I feared that someone may recognize it, and expose me for the nobility that I wish to reject. I didn’t ask to be born into the supposed nobility that for some reason separates my family from any other. When I met my uncle again, I realized just how much I despised the way of like that we lead. I tried everything I could to improve conditions for those who live on our land, but they still hated me. So that’s when I changed my name, and moved to England. I still traveled to Paris from time to time even though I cannot anymore, to see my homeland. But that’s how I came to stand trial for treason. Had I never left France because of my family, it never would have happened, nor would I have married Lucie, and had a beautiful daughter, Lucie. But none of that matters now, after doing everything I could to make life better for the peasants who live on the land that used to be mine, they still sentenced me to death after a horribly unfair trial. That all happened because of my family, and I hate them for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment