Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Charged with treason


Somehow I have been charged with treason by the British government. I supposedly have a paper detailing secret British military information, namely that the British are going to send troops to fight in the American colonies, and have been giving this information to the king of France! The allegations make no sense whatsoever. Thankfully, my excellent lawyer, Mr. Stryver managed to crush the first two witnesses who are actually criminals themselves. The first man spent time in prison, and the other was just plain untrustworthy. When Mr. Lorry testified, he claimed that he wasn’t able to tell if I was with him on the Dover mail coach. Next, the young woman Lucie Manette testified that she indeed saw me on the ship from France to England, where I helped her sick father. However, she almost cost me my freedom when she mentioned my comments about George Washington. Her father was called to testify, but he claimed he wasn’t able to due to his illness. I had all but given up when my lawyers young assistant handed a not to my lawyer. He had noticed that we looked shockingly similar, and that was what won my case. I will forever be in debt to him.


Picture from Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment